Clinical Interest for Patients
Dr. Mayer is interested in the treatment of recreational and professional athletes with focus on minimally invasive shoulder and knee arthroscopy, ACL reconstruction, and cartilage restoration. In addition to his residency and Sports Medicine fellowship training, Dr. Mayer completed additional training with world renowned shoulder surgeon Professor Christian Gerber in Zurich, Switzerland with emphasis on complex shoulder disorders and replacements. He has performed hundreds of complex shoulder replacements and resurfacings over the past several years with excellent results.
In addition to his clinical practice, he currently serves as a Team Physician for the Denver Broncos and Associate Team Physician for the Colorado Rockies.
- Joints & Muscles
- Joints & Muscles - Arthritis
- Joints & Muscles - Fractures
- Joints & Muscles - Hip Injuries & Disorders
- Joints & Muscles - Knee Injuries & Disorders
- Joints & Muscles - Shoulder Injuries & Disorders
- Joints & Muscles - Sprains & Strains
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Surgery - Leg injuries & disorders
- Steadman Hawkins Clinic (Denver) Program (2014)
- The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio (2008)
- Duke University Hospital Program (2013)
- Southern Methodist University (TX) (2003)
View Dr. Mayer's personal website www.denversportsortho.com for more information.